Wednesday, November 19, 2008

TWD Rice Pudding & Rugelach

So for starters, I am posting the strawberry rhubarb rugelach I made last week, which even then was a week late. This recipe was chosen by Grace of Piggy's Cooking Journal. Someone else on TWD tried this variation and it sounded good to me. I have never made, or even heard of Rugelach....but it looked good in the book!

I substituted strawberry preserves and fresh rhubarb for the filling.

Here is my little 4 year old helper sprinkling on the cinnamon and sugar before we rolled them up!
And, here they are ready to go in the oven...
Where is the final product? Well, they didn't last long enough to take a picture! They were that good! And...I used pink sugar sprinkles on top! That's all I had! Ha Ha

Now, on to this week's TWD, which again, is a day late! This recipe was chosen by Isabelle of Les Gourmandises d'Isa. You can also find the recipe on her blog.

Ok, so I was not too excited about this one, because I could not track down the special rice Dorie recommended. So, I'm embarressed to admit I used minute rice. (Dodging rotten tomatoes)

I also cut the recipe in 1/3 because I had just ove 1 cup of whole milk. Good grief, I know! I followed the rest of the recipe to a T, but it still tasted like alcohol to me, I think it was the pure vanilla....too much?!

I do like rice pudding, so I think I'll give a go another time....when I have the correct ingredients. I will even try the chocolate version then.

Oh, I am so ashamed...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry your rice pudding didn't work out, but your rugelach look delicious. I love strawberries. YUM!

Shari said...

I think strawberry rhubarb would be what I would pick over the bittersweet ones!

Beth said...

what a great idea to do strawberry rhubarb rugelach! I love it as pie, so I'm sure I'd love it as this.

Karen said...

The strawberry-rhubarb rugelach looks great... one of the best I've seen.