Sunday, October 5, 2008

3 Minute Mug Cake

I got an email with a recipe for this quick chocolate fix recipe you can do in your microwave in just 3 minutes. It sounded interesting, so I finally got around to trying it out:

In a mug, stir together:
3 Tablespoons Flour
3 Tablespoons Sugar
3 Tablespoons Cocoa
Stir in 1 egg

Then stir in:
3 Tablespoons Milk
3 Tablespoons Oil
Splash of Vanilla

And, if you'd like,
3 Tablespoons Chocolate Chips
(yes, I'd like!)

Microwave on High Power for 3 Minutes.
Cake may bake up above the rim of the mug, but don't be alarmed!

Let it cool a minute in the microwave, then flip it out onto a plate!
(Or you can just eat it out of the mug!)
This was okay. The chocolate chips all sunk to the bottom of the mug, then stuck there when I dumped the cake out on the plate. Enough for 2... that is, if you are willing to share!

I would give it a 5/10.

However, if you wanted to drizzle caramel, fudge and top with whip cream, then it may bump it up to 7/10!

But I will admit, if I didn't have any chocolate in the house, and was needing a chocolate fix... I would definitely make this and could be satisfied in less than 5 minutes! (Especially if I had some caramel and whip cream on hand!)

1 comment:

Karen said...

I'll have to let my daughter know about this recipe! When she gets a chocolate craving she whips up chocolate frosting, but this sounds better!!

Great blog!