Monday, July 7, 2008

I haven't forgotten...

I was on vacation for 3 weeks to go to my brother's wedding, baptize my baby girl in our home town, and join in on my husband's fabulous family reunion. We had a great time and enjoyed spending time with our family again. My husband hadn't been back home for over 2 years as he was busy with training and deployed to Iraq last year.

Upon returning home, we were shocked to open our doors to a flooded house.

A few days (or more) before we arrived back home, a water line busted in our hall bathroom and flooded our entire main level of our house. So imagine, returning home at 9:30PM, exhausted after 12 hours of flying, with cranky children, and walking into that mess.

We spent the next 3 days camped out in our upstairs bedroom, which luckily, had not been damaged at all, or we would have had to stay in a hotel while a restoration company brought in 30+ fans and 4 giant dehumidifiers to help dry out our drenched house....and this was after they tore out ALL the wood flooring we had installed ourselves just over a year ago.

My house has been in shambles ever since. Piles of stuff here, furniture shoved over in this corner, etc, etc. My husband had a 4 day weekend and we finally got our flooring installed...again. We opted to do it ourselves, so that we wouldn't have to wait for a company to do it....everyone was too busy to get it done as soon as we would have liked.

So, after 4 long grueling days, my wonderful husband has completely re-floored our house! I love him....now I am trying to get my house put back together.

I have been dying to bake, and hated not being able to participate in TWD, but have had to put that on the back burner. I will do my best to get back into the swing of things this week!

Stay tuned for some crazy baking! I am going through withdrawals, and it's going to be wild!

8 comments:

Prudy said...

I'm so sorry about your house. What a homecoming surprise...
On a brighter note, your fourth cuppies are adorable. Good luck with everything and I'm sure you'll be back to baking in no time!

Krafty Christy said...

So sorry to hear about your house! Im really glad you got it put back together, and I just love your cuppies and crafts.

PheMom said...

Oh!!! You poor things! I'm so sorry your house flooded! I hope things get back to normal for you soon!

Bumblebutton said...

Gosh what a nightmare! Hope things return to normal soon!

AutumnRose said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your house :( how awful! but, what a great hubby!!

Shandy said...

Ohh! You poor thing! There is tired and then there is what your family has been going through emotionally and physically! How awesome to have your hubby back and I know he is happy to be home! Hopefully, everyone will get some much needed rest soon and just be able to enjoy being together! =D

Bungalow Barbara said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your unpleasant homecoming surprise! Very best wishes to you, I hope everything goes smoothly now and you are able to relax for a while.

Andrea at Nummy Kitchen said...

I'm sorry you had to come home to a flooded house :( Your cuppies are adorable, can't wait to see some of your baking!